Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Thanks to everyone who braved the rain, endured some adventures (medical, police and directional), and drank some tasty beers. This years Hoppy100 was so much fun for me, and I really look forward to another one next summer. Rootchopper and Lisa have great write ups about the day – I won’t bother you with more of that. Instead I will say the following:
- The metric century distance is absolutely the right distance, allowing plenty of time for 3 stops and still a reasonable days length.
- Next year we might need to insist on holding the event on a rainy day, its becoming a tradition.
- Speaking of traditions, I think at least 1/4 mile of off-roading is needed!
- I’m really looking forward to next year – with so many DC breweries opening up, the route and stops will change drastically – Virginia, you need to step up your game if you expect to see us again!
- Thanks everyone for understanding the day is meant to be an adventure, not a race, or perfectly navigated.
With that, here are some photos of our adventures: